Monday, May 31, 2010

Motivation by Humiliation

I've been OKd by the Doc for major exercise. I've plateaued in my weight loss. It's June 1st. Therefore, I'm taking my weight loss up a notch.

Image from essence.com

For those of you who don't listen to Atlanta's The Bert Show on Q100, Motivation by Humiliation is a segment they do to motivate listeners to reach their weight loss goal. Here's how it works: Jay has taken a photograph of me in shorts and a sports bra (I'm not brave enough to don a bikini). If I don't reach my goal by July 1st, I have to post the picture on this blog. (Sorry Joe!) If that's not motivation, what is?


What's my goal you ask? Well, you all are going to help me choose it! Please vote in the above poll What is Mama Bird's Weight Loss Goal? by Friday to help me choose.

In the meantime, I'll be working out and eating healthy....wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. I vote for 2 lbs and a comment as I think 2 lbs is reasonable and not too much over a 5-7 day period. My comment would be limiting the bad carbs and maintaining to good ones helps too.
    And I say this now that I am ADDICTED to peanut butter pretzels, thank you very much Mamma Bird!
    I gonna switch to apples or celery w/ p.b. for a treat....yay! Just Please remember to be good to YOU and give it time. You just made the amazing Huddy Buddy and that was great work, one of your best infact, along with getting your Masters Degree, again Fantastic work! Whew, you need a vacation Mamma! Oh yea, that's the reason for the July 1st deadline.....dah! Love 2U3+E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay OFF of the scale. You'll know you're shaping up when old clothes fit better, so find a pair of old pants...(not way before you were preggo--that's diet suicide), try them on now, hang them up in your closet facing out so you will see them everyday, or put them in the kitchen over the pantry door (read about that on a blog when i first started), then give yourself a more reasonable goal...6-10 weeks to get in them. 4 weeks is SHORT! BUT STAY OFF THE SCALE! Throw it out. Don't ever get on one again. It's not worth it. Go by how your clothes fit!Love ya---you CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete