Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The BEST Dinner

I'm only sorry I didn't take pictures. It was so colorful and beautiful! I was too hungry and it looked too appetizing to take the time for photos. I literally cleaned my plate--practically licked it.

I wanted to share this with y'all because if you're anything like me and Jay, you have a stupid-hard time deciding what to eat for dinner e.v.e.r.y. night. Oh--and did I mention how easy it was?!?!

The following recipe has been modified from Publix's Apron's Simple Meals:

Grilled Fish & Tropical Salsa, Avocado Salad, Sweet Potato & Corn Muffins (serves 4)

1 lb. tropical fruit salad (bite-size pineapple, strawberries, kiwi)
1/2 c. grape tomatoes
2 tbs. fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
4 tilapia fillets
1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt & pepper blend
A squirt of honey

Combine fruit, tomatoes, cilantro, balsamic vinegar and honey for salsa. Season both sides of fish with seasoned salt and pepper blend. Grill fish. Top with tropical salsa.

A tiny bit of minced garlic
2 tbs. E.V.O.
2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 bag of romaine lettuce
1 c. grape tomatoes
1/4 c. diced red onions
1 avocado

Combine garlic, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl and whisk until well-blended. Add lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Cut avocado into bite-size pieces. Add to salad; toss to blend.

I served the fish and salad with corn muffins and a sweet potato. DELISH. And with the sweet potato (and a little brown sugar on top), we didn't even need dessert!

Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds delicious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm......sounds so good. hum, I hungry! I'm coming over to eat some delish at your house Yum Yum love fish and avo's tooo much.
    Sound like a great recipe too.
    Annnnd......I'm so proud you cooked! How does that work?? You had a baby, and you let the chef have the night off. I sure hope the butler cleaned up the dinner dishes. YOUR work is done, you had the baby....hee hee! Speaking of the baby,I'm coming for a bite TOMORROW! YAHOO!!!
    Love you and see you if not Thurs., on Friday for sure. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete