Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break 2010

First of all....my apologies for being MIA for a few weeks now! As we gear up for Baby Blev, life has just been crazy, and as a matter of fact, I should be doing about 100 things other than blogging right now! But I had to at least say hi. :)

Secondly...my apologies for not having a belly pic in this post. I know it's been a loooong time since y'all have seen this thing, but I refused to let my mom take pictures of me on Easter. The only thing I had to wear was a black dress and I just wasn't feeling very cute or Easter-y. Sorry! I'll try and get Jay to take one of me when I actually get dressed in something cute this week.

Which is something else to note:  I have nothing to wear!!! I mean, I knew that at 39 weeks, 4 days pregnant I'd be large-and-in-charge, but I didn't expect it to be almost 90 degrees outside in early April!! I don't have maternity clothes for summer....Lord, get this baby boy outta me!

But as I say that, I don't really mean it because I have 2 (3+ page) papers due Thursday that I have to finish, 1 (10-12 page) research paper due Monday 4/12 and a project/presentation due Thursday 4/15 for grad school. At the moment, my plan is to get the papers finished and worry about the project/presentation "later." (When "later" is, I'm not sure, but I highly doubt that I'm going to feel up to presenting next Thursday--even if I'm still pregnant.)

So I'm spending my Spring Break vacation this year with my feet up and researching and typing away on the laptop. ::Flashback to Spring Break 2009::  Jay and I were on a Carribbean cruise with our dear friends Christine & Bobby Bahama....wish I could time-travel!

Last, but certainly not least, I'd like to ask for your prayers for a wonderful, wonderful friend of ours. I'm not going to go in to any details because it's not my story to share, but one of the kindest men I know has an aching heart and I ask that you pray for his healing, peace & happiness. God has great plans for this guy, and while this is a trying time in his life, I know--and he knows--that God is working and God is Good! So...take a quick minute and say a prayer for one of the nicest guys I know.

P.S. The nursery is "done." I'll have photos posted ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

3 comments:

  1. You're in the home stretch! Definitely praying for him... poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Spring Break! And isn't this it til Sept? Hope your papers and research are a breeze and are done before ya know it. Ur such a busy girl!! And before ya know it you'll be a very busy Mom!
    Okay....I will pray for ur friend- BUT you & Nugget are still going to be 1st on my list.
    Thx for the text via your Mom on Easter ::wink::
    Can't wait to see all up and coming pix....:)
    Excited to see you and nursery shots.
    And hey...who stole our Ca. weather? Was it grandbird??
    I have to learn to stop bragging about it cuz it's been missing and NOW I know where it has been!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...you're back my DD !!! All you can do is all you can do !!! Do your best, as always, and that will be enough !! I love you and am praying HARD for you and my little grandson to make a smooth entry into this world. I can't wait to hold him in my arms and shower him with love !! You are going to be such a good mother...can't wait to see it all unfold. Now...as far as our heartbroken friend goes...he too, has been in my thoughts and prayers and I KNOW that it will all work out as its supposed to. I'm sure of it !! I pray for speedy healing of his broken heart.

    ReplyDelete