Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's the little things...

I was having kind of an awful day yesterday. There are exactly 11 days left of school before Spring Break and my Maternity Leave and all of a sudden I'm getting piled on. Here's a little glimpse into what needs to get done ASAP:
  • Grades were due today at school
  • I have to create a power point by tomorrow for my AP to use when explaining the new curriculum that I've been assigned to teach next year (btw, this is supposed to be a compliment that I've been chosen...right now it feels like a punishment)
  • I had to attend a proctor meeting after school yesterday before my doctor's appointment because I have to spend 3 out of my 5 planning periods next week proctoring the Georgia High School Graduation Test instead of getting my work done (oh and did I mention that most of the proctors teach the 11th graders who take the GHSGT?...I'm one of the "lucky" few who have to proctor it despite the fact that I teach 9th and 10th grade)
  • I have about 80 research papers to grade
  • I have to write a Critical Analysis of a Research Theorist by tomorrow at 5 p.m.
  • I had to get my info/paperwork together for my yearly evaluation with my AP tomorrow during my planning period
  • Umm...I'm sure there're a few more items on my to-do list that I'm forgetting right now due to "pregnancy brain" :)
But enough complaining. This post is about how my day got better!

I called my mom when I couldn't make a decision about what to eat for dinner last night (Jay was out of town last night...as he has been for what feels like the last month...which means I've been a single parent to Ellie who's decided to start behaving like a terrible two-year-old and has recently destroyed 2 cell phones in the process...adding, I'm sure, to my stress & frustration). Who else do you call when you can't make a decision? Poor thing, I totally set her up for failure. She couldn't win. Nothing sounded good and everything sounded like heartburn waiting to happen. So what did I do? I headed out to pick up dinner without a clue of what I was going to get...and I ended up at Papouli's Diner to get a gyro!!! Heartburn city, right?!?! Spicy lamb meat??? Ha. But it sounded soo good. And turned out to be just what I needed, because I walked in, ordered my gyro to go and had the sweetest convo with the cute Greek guy behind the counter in which he told me that I was beautiful in a completely non-creepy way (and told me about his 2 daughters). Why is it that European men know how to compliment a woman so well? Seriously, he made my night. Then I got in the car to come home and Train's new song, "Soul Sister" came on and I belted it out and then Kesha's "Tik Tok" came on and all of a sudden I was having a great night!

It really is the little things...

2 comments:

  1. Geez...nothing like winding down the wrk load b 4 U go on leave...wow! Don't they get 9 months preg? This must b the new dual duties for less $. Not so good when U could use a full time assistant as it is! (that's it...where's that Delta ph #?)
    Love the cute Greek guy!! He's so smart & nice!
    & did you say 2 cell ph's? yikes...Ellie must want to txt somebdy..ha! Hope the rest of your wrk days get better. Love U 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 more days!! p.s. please post nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete