Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Whose feet/ankles are those?!?!?

1 month to go!!! And you can see it in my feet and ankles....






(All images thanks to Google Image Search for "cankles" and "fat feet")

I think they just "swole up" this weekend for the first time and I blamed it on my, my mom and mother-in-law's 3 hour trip to IKEA. But then yesterday, after our tour of the hospital (made it all seem oh-so-real!), I got home only to look down and almost faint at the sight of my feet. Seriously--whose feet are those?!?!? They can't be mine--I have petite ankles and feet, I wear a size 5 1/2 shoe--and those look like Fred Flinstone's club feet!!! Naturally, I snapped a quick pic on my cell phone and sent it to my sister so she, too, could poke fun at me.

***UPDATE***

Aunty Sissy figured out how to email me the pic I sent her...

Look at that indention from the strap across my foot!!!

In other news, I know I'm 9-months-pregnant-huge and probably a teeny, tiny, little bit cranky and all, but I am sick and tired of people telling me I'm about to pop. DUH--I'm NINE MONTHS PREGNANT!!! Take the following situations that have all occurred in the last few days:

Walking in to the copy room at school the other day, a teacher from my department who also happened to be in there, stops in the middle of her conversation to say to me:

Old Lady Teacher: You are fat, fat, fat!
Me: Um....
Nice Copy Lady: She's supposed to be--she is pregnant after all!

I pretty much high-tailed it out of there after that. I felt so awkward--what was I supposed to say--thanks?

At the Verizon store on Monday, an older gentleman started a conversation innocently enough:

Old guy: You like you're getting pretty close...
Me: (with a smile) Yeah, I sure am!
Old guy: How much longer?
Me: About 4 weeks.
Old guy: 4 weeks?!?!?!?! More like 4 days!!!! (He seriously looked like he was going to have a heart attack at the thought of me having 4 weeks to go.)

Again, I pretty much high-tailed it outta there. This man doesn't even know me!

And then this morning, while talking with a friend before the first bell, another old lady teacher interrupts us to exclaim:

Old lady teacher: There is NO WAY you're going to make it to your due date!!!

Ok, first of all, I want you to notice the common factor in these rude comments. That's right--old people. I am in no way anti-geriatric (Is that even a term?!? Haha.), but I think you lose your filter when you hit a certain age. Is it 65? 70? Because my friend and I have noticed that the only people who seem to feel perfectly comfortable commenting on our weight or how huge we are, are the older people. Don't get me wrong, people in their 30s or 40s still comment, but they're nice comments, things like, "Congratulations! When are you due?" or "Do you know what you're having?" or "Is this your first?" Like I said, I know I'm probably a little more sensitive right now, but I'm getting pretty sick of the fat jokes. I'M NINE MONTHS PREGNANT PEOPLE....BACK OFF!

One final (and much happier) note. The nursery is beginning to come together!!! We got the chair in, the bookcase assembled, the crib is supposed to come this week, and the bedding is supposed to ship. I'm crossing my fingers to be able to start putting it all together (and showing y'all pictures) this weekend! Woo hoo!

XOXO, C

4 comments:

  1. Ya know....overall this pregnancy has been a breeze (for us) and YOU have been a pleasure to be around. I THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE CRANKY ! Stupid people...let me at 'em !!!! I love you....
    Mama Bear ..grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i laugh hysterically at all of the above - girl u have done so well - still working at 9 mo preg that incredible !! i remember hitting the 36 week mark and i was so dunzzo. every step and every time getting up and down to do whatever takes effort - and it seems like the days are going by painfully slow - but so so soon will be the best day of ur life - seriously!1 ur heart will never be ur own again in the most amazing way!! im so excited for u - i would relieve the day i gave birth to n ora over and over again - such a fun day!! and to all those people who are being rude- i say u knock them over with ur belly and get urs girl!! love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm adding Old Lady Teacher #1 & #2 to my list. The lucky bastard at the Verison store will have to get his from someone else, but noting it on the list for now.
    Now for you, From this day forward YOU will remind yourself everyday that you are the same girl/woman
    that those same old people would stop to say how beautiful, lovely, petite, so well dressed You always have been! I say you do this for the next year b/c Nugget's going to be as cute as you and get all the attn. You, you know those boys,...they always like that "it's all about them. pah...think they're so cute and funny and all, huh, well eh..I like boys.I love Nugget too!
    Hospital tour....omg....it's getting so close!!
    I pray you have the best 4 weeks to come and teenie tiny ankles. I Love You 3....Aunt K-

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha love it girl! so sorry people feel the freedom to say the craziest things! You look amazing! Cant wait to see this precious baby! Praying God will give you peace over these next 4 WEEKS!!! ;-) -Emily Morgan

    ReplyDelete