Friday, April 16, 2010

The Nursery--FINALLY!

A picture post of Hudson's room...
For those of you who haven't seen our townhouse, it's a 2 bedroom, but both rooms are GINORMOUS master suites. Kinda like a roommate plan. So rather than a traditional nursery, we converted our guest room into a nursery + guest/mommy room. (I'm guessing we won't be hosting many guests soon unless they want to bunk up with Hudson and nurse him in the middle of the night!) Once Jay goes back to work, I can always sleep in there so as not to disturb Daddy. :)
 
When you walk in the door, this is what you see of the nursery. (I do have drapes for the windows thanks to Ikea, but haven't found rods yet so they're not up.)

To the left is the guest/mommy area. Luckily, the colors & decor we already had in the guest room worked perfectly with my nursery vision!

When you stand at the foot of the bed, you've got a great view of the crib! I used a rug (that you can barely see) to divide up the nursery area. We found the rug during a T.J. Maxx run for $40!!! The prints above the crib were free--my mom found them at Pottery Barn (in the frames that were for sale) and convinced some poor schmuck to give them to her even though apparently they're not supposed to give them away or sell them. Way to go Mom! The beautiful crib was a gift from my dad and is convertible so he'll (hopefully!) have it for life. The bedding is from CustomHouseBedding on http://www.etsy.com/ and was our big splurge. I love it!!

In this nook, the awesome Lee glider was a gift from my parents. The blanket is a hand-me-down from Jay. His Sissy (grandma) made it for him when he was born and now Hud gets to use it! The side table is one of my favorite finds. We got it at a local antique store, Queen of Hearts (www.queenofheartsantiques-interiors.com) and it was pink and $29. With a little Martha Stewart paint and Daddy Jay's skill, it's now the perfect blue! The print on the wall was a $10 find on etsy.com as well.

The bookcase is the Billy bookcase from Ikea, decorated by my mom...it looks so cute!

This was Jay's chair when he was little!

A couple of things have yet to be completed. (1) that peach-ish lampshade has got.to.go. My mom found a chocolate brown one on sale at Restoration Hardware...I've just yet to buy it. And (2) I need to get a shelf + hooks for above the changing table.

A sweet teddy bear from some dear friends and a better shot of the bedding that I oh.so.love!

This dresser started it all. My mom found it at Scott's Antique Market before we even knew if Nugget was a He- or She-Nugget, but from the cell phone photos she sent me, I knew I had to have it as the changing table and would make it work either way. I still think I'd love to use it in the future if we ever have a little girl. Oh--and inside that dresser are tons of adorable clothes passed down from Hudson's cousin's Drew & Grady.
I got the idea to have a bag on the back of the door from Urban Grace Interior's blog. I'm using it to bring clothes, diapers, etc. up & down the stairs since I'll have Hudson in my arms too. The cute canvas bag was a gift from a friend and has a strip of ribbon in brown/aqua. :)

This painting (which will hopefully be propped on a shelf soon), is an original created by Hudson's Aunt Sissy (my beautiful sister) in 1993 when she was 7!!! I wish I had a better photo of it, but I had to show y'all anyway.

Well, that's all for now! I'll get some pics posted with Hudson in them soon! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Loving this......love all these post, love all the pix, love you are going to be home for months and months to blog and post pix of Hudson all the time. Okay so I may have gone a bit too far with the last statement, but I can dream right?! I know you are gonna get so busy with each new day with this amazing, beautiful boy.
    Great pix of the nursery...love the fabric you choose for the bedding! You and Gamsie have fantastic taste in decor and colors. And don't get me started on the original art piece!
    Priceless.....hee hee!

    ReplyDelete