Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nesting....It's Hit Me!

As the ticker on this blog continues to remind me how very little time we have left until this baby arrives, I've begun to realize just how much there is to accomplish! As I told you below, I'm a terrible procrastinator. :) So I created a to-do list. Then, I got inspired by Lauren at Pure Style Home to just tackle one project a week so as not to be overwhelmed. It's my New Year's Resolution to be more organized. While my projects may not always follow hers, this week does! It was on my list, so I just bumped it up a few weeks so that I could accompany Lauren on her journey. This week (or weekend, more likely) I will tackle the coat closet!!! Last week, my project was the guestroom closet. While I don't have a before picture to show you, I wanted to show you the "after" picture which will soon be shared with the baby. We don't have much storage in our rented townhome, so unfortunately, we can't not use this huge closet for some of our storage. It's not ideal, but here she is now. Ready (or more ready than before at least) for Nugget:



The right side of the closet: our side. I swear this is more organized!



So we threw our suitcases up there so they're at least out of the way. Anybody have any better suggestions as to where to put and/or what to do to store luggage? I'm stumped.



The entire left side of the closet is now open and available for Baby Blev!



This is what the closet looks like when you open the door. Look at all that hanging room for Baby! He better not have that many clothes, but if he's anything like his Mama or Dada, he will!

In case you can't tell, I'm really not that great at organizing. :) If you have any suggestions, please please please (!) post them or email them to me. I'm trying to do this with zero cost using what we have and not run to The Container Store for "organizers" so send me your ideas!

3 comments:

  1. okay here's my 2 cents: put smaller luggage pieces in larger and stack them on top of each other, largest on bottom of course. Frees up space on that shelf for the other things.
    And this one may not be cost free; add a second shelf to one or two of the other sides for add'l storage.(Above or below existing shelves) They may have to stay with the house but if it's not too much $ it may be worth it.
    Uncle Tony added 2 add'l so we have 3 layers of shelving in our closets, love the extra storage & we use all of it.....:> I need 2 wrk on that.
    Maybe Cheaper; a lower closet pole or clothes line to hang baby cloths / hanging canvas sweater rack / shoe rack for baby blankets & any other baby goodies. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas to work with....LOVE U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Sissy!!! But that is MY white and balck dress!? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad this whole nesting thing has hit you... Today I noticed that your desk looks much better too! I had planned on organizing it when you left the room but there wasn't really anything to do. (it made my day as I was starting to think nesting was a myth!!!)

    ReplyDelete