Sunday, January 24, 2010

If it's Broken, Fix it!

Thank you Mom for helping me realize that even though I may not have gotten my organization goal accomplished this week, I did complete Lauren's Pure Style Home task-of-the-week!


My plan was to set up the new shelves in the garage that Jay bought me during the week (BTW....so grateful, but I really think I need another....there's just not enough room in our garage!) so that I can organize the laundry room, which will allow me to clean out the armoir that I've used as my "craft" storage since we got married, but will now be used as an actual armoir for the baby. BUT--as we are also looking into upgrading my hockey puck to a mommy mobile, it was time to finally fix the sideview mirror that I'd broken at least 6 months ago....

One day, while leaving for work around 6:15 a.m. (!!! I'll never get used to working so early) in a rush, as I was pulling out of the garage, I noticed that I was too close on my side. But it looked like the rubber flap on the garage door would just barely graze my sideview mirror, so I just backed up slowly and then--to my horror--watched in slow motion as that little rubber flap POPPED the casing off of my mirror! And as it hit the garage floor...it broke into 2 pieces! SAD DAY. Flustered Chelsea. Within a few days I took it to our neighborhood Good Year to get if fixed, but they told me it would cost around $500!!! FOR-GET-IT. I've since been driving around with it looking like this.



But thanks to Scott's Auto Center and a week of driving back-and-forth there, ordering the part, multiple phone calls to see if the part had come in yet, and finally taking it in on Friday after school...it now looks like this!(And cost less than $200...)



P.S. While at my first baby shower on Saturday (will be sure to post about this wonderful event as soon as my friends and family send me the pics), my sweet husband had my little Volvo washed and detailed and would have taken it to CarMax to see how much we could get for it, but the "Check Engine" light came on...guess that'll be part of this week's to-do list...

1 comment:

  1. Such a proud moment I'm having. Too cute that you went to the Goodyear location for body work on your car....(sneeker sneeker). Can you believe how much they quoted you?!? Confirms that it's not so much their cup of tea.....or type of repairs their accustom. The local body shop.. ahhhh, way better.
    Oh and Can't wait for Shower pix....:)

    ReplyDelete