Monday, February 22, 2010

What a Wonderful Weekend!!

I had a whirlwind of a weekend that started with a dinner party at my mom's on Friday. Unfortunately, we had so much fun, that I forgot to take pictures! Luckily my mom snapped a few of me (and you can see the beautiful decor in the background) before the party really got started.



Jay went out of town on Saturday for a bachelor party and I got to spend it with my mom, Aunt Kay, and Sissy! I started out my Saturday by going to Baby Mayfield's shower, then met up with the girls for a little shopping.

Our first stop was at B.Braithwaite...the most precious baby store in the world!

Technically we were shopping for others, but I may have added a few items to Nugget's registry!
Then we headed to Old Navy at Atlantic Station where Aunt Kay treated Linds and me to early birthday presents! And I bought a few post-prego outfits for Spring and some outfits for Nugget.

We were supposed to head to Ikea next, but ran out of time. Guess I'll try and head there this week....?

On Sunday I headed off to another baby shower hosted by my wonderful and wonderfully TALL friends (and fabulous mother/daughter duo) Cindy and Kara.



We played a really fun game (that I highly recommend if you're throwing a baby shower!) where Kara divided the ladies into 3 groups and gave them parenting/baby magazines, scissors and tape. They had an allotted amount of time to cut out and make a collage that would describe Nugget. With this group, the game became very competitive!

Group 1 hard at work...
And their finished product:

Group 2...
Which included mini-Martha (Stewart!)
And their outside-the-lines collage:

And last-but-not-least, Group 3...
And their (hairy) masterpiece thanks to Nugget's aunts...

They were all fabulous! Which group would you pick as the winner???


And I can't even begin to describe to you all how blessed and loved I feel. The generosity of my friends and family is astounding! We are seriously just about set now for this little guy's arrival! (If I could just get his nursery de-cluttered and set up....)

P.S. For those who noticed--YES--I wore the same outfit on Sunday that I wore Friday. I'm running out of cute clothes that fit!

~C

3 comments:

  1. Its OK Sissy... I wore the same outfit Saturday and Sunday and I dont even have an excuse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.....when you look so dang darling, you look so dang darling and I say "work it girl"!! We've all had those outfits (and dresses Linds) that we feel good in, and love to wear. It's the pix that bust us....ha! Loved, loved, loved spending time with you, Linds, your Mom and friends this past week and attending your BB shower. It was amazing and so much fun. Cindy and Kara are top drawer all the way! Such a great day and MEMORY. Your going to be the best Mommy, Nugget is one lucky little boy, I can't wait til he gets here and to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea I am absolutely loving your blog and you are the cutest pregnant mom-to-be!!! I am looking forward to keeping up with you and your family as it grows!

    ReplyDelete