Saturday, February 6, 2010

Judge Judy....er, Eileen, RN.

So Jay and I went to Birthing/Lamaze Class today with my friend Kelly and her husband Trey--for 8 hours. It was a long day...made much more bearable thanks to the giggling that occurred between the 4 of us. Unfortunately, the nurse wasn't a huge fan of us. And it started when Kelly and I walked in with coffee and she said, "I guess it's okay that you're drinking coffee." And then later reminded the class that some of us who are caffeine drinkers will need to drink more water during labor since we're apparently so sinful. Oh, I'm sorry Miss RN. I didn't realize you were perfect when you were pregnant and never had a sip of caffeine. And thanks for not thinking about the possibility that our coffee might be decaf! (BTW, Kelly's was decaf...mine wasn't--but still--she didn't know that. It very well could have been!) Judger.

And then we got the giggles about the drawings of the women's perky boobs despite their huge pregnant bellies. (I bet they don't get stretch marks either!) She turned to us and said, "What's so funny?" Busted. Just like I like to do with my students at school. Not so fun when it's turned on you...

And then we got the giggles when we had to practice our breathing techniques and get in awkward labor positions.

And I took pictures during one of our breaks. Bet she looked down on that too. But Jay was really in to it. Guess I'm the only crazy who wants to take pictures of birthing class for my blog. :)






Overall, it was a good day. And we learned a lot. And I feel a lot more prepared to birth a child. (Though I'm sure I'll forget it all with the first contraction.)



1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna go pour myself a hefty cup of coffee right now.... and think of Eileen.

    ReplyDelete