Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sharing the News or Birdies

I wanted this post to have two titles so I just named it both. One of the shows I watch (I can't think of which one right now....is it too early to have "pregnancy brain"?!?!) always titles their episodes like that and I think it's so creative. Speaking of creative, I wish I was more creative. I see all these cute pregnancy blogs, or pictures of pregnant women, or nurseries, and think, now why didn't I think of that?!?!? I'm just creative enough to wish I was more creative.

Anyway, I'm out of the pregnancy closet. Officially official. I posted it on Facebook and it doesn't get more "out" or official than that. It's starting to feel much more real. Maybe the fact that I can't button my pants anymore has something to do with that too. Shout out to my sis-in-law for loaning me a bella band so I don't have to wear maternity pants yet! I told my students on Friday which was super-fun...they were so cute about it. I'm so lucky to teach such awesome kids!!!



Oh, and as for the Birdies part of the title...that's just because I'm obsessed with all things aviary right now. I was already headed down Jay Bird lane before I got pregnant, but now that there's a little nugget inside me (which is supposedly the size of a plum this week!), I think birds and nests and such are just adorable. Do you think the nursery could have a bit of a bird-theme whether it's a boy or girl?!? And, while I love the nickname Nugget, I'm kinda wanting to call Baby Blev, Birdie or something like that too. Some of my students came up with the nickname Doodle from a story we read. I love 'em all! Tell me what you think.

6 comments:

  1. Hm..you know what I think but I can totally switch to Birdie if thats what you want! :)

    Also, Mom will laugh at this! She might be the only one who knows how I feel about birds and nests and decorating with these. I am all for you having an adorable bird themed nursery, just dont expect me to ever sleep in there with the Birdie as they freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when did they start calling it an Ultra-Screen? I thought it was an Ultra Sound??? When did everything change??? Where was I? How can I help you if I don't know anything? I must "brush-up" on child birthing...I feel so old !!! And as far as calling the little "plum" birdie....I love it !!!!! If its what YOU want, then I am all for it. See...I do know how to "mother" !! Ha !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then...I could be "Grandbird" !!! Ha ha ha ....Laughing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! Let me clarify. I am not freaked out by Birdie (the baby) just Birds in general.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...laughing! Linds, Suzy is freaked out by birds too. Maybe we should just stick with Nugget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nugget is a darling nickname and Birdie is cute and works too.
    Whatever the final decor decision....You have great taste and style, it will be wonderful for the little darlin'.
    Still giggling about "Grandbird" ha!
    Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete