Tuesday, December 22, 2009

NOT For the Weak of Stomach

Today was my first morning to sleep in during my two week vacay from teaching, and the day started off just lovely. Ellie woke me up just a smidge before 8 a.m. so I got a fabulous 8 hours of sleep and we came down stairs to bum around for a bit. Ellie had already eaten breakfast (thanks to Jay feeding her before he left for work) and I had a bowl of cereal. Not long after I finished my cereal, Jay called to check in (or see if I was awake yet, I'm sure!) and just as I hung up with him, I noticed Ellie had just puked up her entire breakfast (still in LARGE chunks) on the family room carpet. Well, this lovely, low-key morning just got interesting! I've never really had a weak stomach, but since I've been pregnant, I really haven't been able to stomach much at all. Tough luck! I needed to clean up this vom ASAP before Ellie ate it up. (Which is oh-so gross.) So I shoved my nose down into my t-shirt, grabbed a dustpan (to use as a make-shift shovel to shovel up the chunky vom), yellow rubber gloves, grocery bags, Spot Shot and got ready to work. No sooner had I stooped down and shoveled up the first chunk, then I gagged, and gagged, and gagged again. I stood up to make my way to the kitchen (as I've learned what this gagging precursors thanks to other scenarios), and projectile vomitted onto the kitchen floor! As I finished throwing up my entire bowl of cereal into the kitchen sink, Ellie chose to help her momma clean up her vom and licked up most of what she had previously thrown up. By the time I finished heaving into the sink, all that was left to do was Spot Shot the now wet areas where Ellie's puke had once been.

And as I sit here typing this, I realize I'm still hungry because I have nothing in my tummy any more! Guess I need to find something else to eat before breakfast....cereal doesn't sound so great anymore...

1 comment:

  1. AAwwwwww! Poor you anc poor Ellie. A total understanding of what got you going.......but what the heck got her going....mmmmm? Need to make a deal with her, so hurls only when Jay is going to find it first....hee hee! Or do you have my situation........Tony will make sure I know about it to be sure to clean it up......oh joy.....gag....joy.....gag.....HA! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete