Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Quilt to Remember

My mom's dear friend Jean is a creative genius. Seriously--this woman has creativity pouring out of her! She makes hand-made pottery, pillows, you name it. And the decor of her beachy California home is just gorgeous and comfy all at once.

She made this quilt for Hudson. It's so beautiful I don't know whether to hang it, drape it, or actually use it 24/7. We are so blessed to be on the receiving end of her creativity & generosity.

Just look at that fabric!!!
The dove. I love the dove. And of course the nest...


Close-up of the nest. Notice that is says Hudson Will Blevins. Yes, that is a sepia photo of Hud & me transposed on cloth. And let's not forget the baby blue egg. Perfection.

Close-up of the dragonfly.

This is the other side of the quilt. Turquoise softness! And a nakey-boy. :)

There are no words to explain the swelling & tightness in my chest when I look at this.

Can you see the little spot of pee??? The kid NEVER pees when I'm changing his diaper or during bath time, but as soon as I put him down on this beautiful blanket and start snapping pictures, he pees. I'm so sorry Jean!!!

And some day, he'll be so embarrassed by this photo of his bum...but just look at that little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment